Performing Umrah is a great wish of every Muslim in the worldwide. It’s the most reputed act in Islam. Umrah is an act that is honoured and respected by Muslims. You can even perform Umrah anytime, and there is no maximum limit to performance. You can do it whenever you feel like you have the time, enough budget/money, learning and physical capacity.
Nowadays, some agencies have several offers to sell Umrah Packages at cheap and affordable costs. If your budget is low, you can consider these offers from agencies at that time.
In this article, we will learn some Umrah essentials that you should bring with you. Although, when you travel, you need a lot of luggage. The same thing is applied to the Umrah travel, but here, you need a thorough guide. For example, you can’t carry fancy and heavy clothes to pilgrimage. So, try to read this whole article from start till the end.
Here, we will discuss a comprehensive list of Umrah essentials:
Necessary Travel documents:
Travel documents are necessary whenever you want to travel by air or by road. Here, we are going over travelling by air for Umrah (a minor version of Hajj). What are the necessary travel documents? See the list below:
- A valid passport (travel vouchers/residential certificate)
- Your Identification card
- Need a visa for travelling (Umrah, tourist visa, etc.)
- Insurance that you may need (travel/health insurance)
- Accommodation vouchers if you will require for checking
- Health certificate if you need
Garments for Umrah:
You will need a proper garment set for Umrah and staying there. First of all, pack lightly for the pilgrimage because you are going to Allah’s (SWT) House, not for any other worldly act. So behave well and pack well. Always pack just the mandatory dresses that you need in Saudi Arabia.
- Ihram sets (minimum two, choose according to weather)
- Essential clothes but should be modest
- Don’t pack extraordinary clothes
- Include the footwear for necessary as you will need the footwear to walk between the destinations of Saudi Arabia
Toiletries/self-care essentials are necessary for daily personal usage. However, you can get these items from your accommodation properties in Saudi Arabia. But it would be best if you take your products according to your skin, body, and hair types. You can carry your shampoo, toothbrushes, sunscreen, deodorants, etc. When you are in the state of Ihram, try to avoid aromatic products; you can use them after taking off your Ihram attire.
One may need other items according to their needs and preferences. It can be different from individual to individual, such as you can bring a notebook, pen, portable charger, earphones, first aid kit, travel pillow, food, etc. Keep in mind the luggage allowance weightage provided by your concerned airline. Most airlines offer a 25 to 30-kg luggage allowance. It is better to read online and ask for travel agents or travel arrangements in this regard, how much weight you should pack for your selected flight. Take an invoice about it at the time of booking the Umrah Package with flights.
Tips for bringing the Umrah essentials:
Follow the tips that we discussed below for a hassle-free journey and staying:
- Pack lightly for the pilgrimage according to days of stay.
- Keep in mind the culture and customs of Saudi Arabia.
- Learn some Arabic phrases/sentences to avoid communication barriers.
- Try to make copies of every travel document.
- Take care of your luggage and loved ones, especially for the older or disabled pilgrims.
- Don’t buy new shoes early for Umrah. It may harm your feet. Try to carry the shoes/flip-flops that you use on regular days or buy them one week before departing.
To sum up this article, packing is essential for Umrah as it also requires travelling a journey from one place to another. It would be best if you packed well in advance to avoid any hassled situation at the last minute. Be aware that the cost of luggage can be more if you pack extra bags. Make a list of packing once you reserve the Umrah package.