Introduction to the Lehenga Choli
The lehenga choli—the lehenga, ghagra, or skirt—is a three-piece attire worn by Indian women across India for centuries. It is typically worn on ceremonial occasions such as festivals, weddings, and other religious ceremonies. The lehenga choli is a comfortable Indian ethnic wear. It comprises a long skirt called the lehenga, a fitted blouse called the choli, and a long scarf-like garment called the dupatta. The lehenga is secured at the waist with a belt or Kamar bandh, leaving the midriff bare. But with so many different styles and designs, knowing which one is right for you can take time. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to help you make the right decision. So we have just what you need, whether you are looking for an elegant lehenga for a formal occasion or something more colourful and vibrant for a special celebration!
Different Designs and Styles of Lehenga Choli
What is all the fuss about regarding the lehenga choli? After all, it’s just another outfit, right? Wrong!
The lehenga choli is so much more than that. It’s a traditional Indian outfit that can be worn for various occasions, from weddings and religious ceremonies to formal events and even casual gatherings. There are countless designs and styles, so you’ll find the perfect one. Just remember to focus on the goal you want to achieve by wearing a lehenga dress. For example:
- A-line lehengas are perfect if you want a sleek and elegant look.
- Want to show off your curves? Mermaid Lehengas are a perfect choice.
- Anarkali Lehengas give a gorgeous regal and sophisticated look.
- While for classic and timeless appeal, traditional lehengas will never disappoint you.
- Do you want to be a little more playful and fun? Choose Sharara cut lehengas.
- The jacket-style lehenga might be perfect for you if you want something more formal.
- If you’re bold, why not try the saree-style lehenga? It’s sure to turn heads!
- Finally, the fishtail lehenga is worth checking out if you want something extra unique.
No matter your style, there’s a lehenga choli out there that’s perfect for you. So what are you waiting for? Start shopping!
Different Kinds of Fabric to Choose from for Lehenga Choli
Regarding the fabric of your lehenga choli, there are various options. Each fabric has unique benefits and drawbacks, so selecting the right one for the right occasion is crucial.
1. Cotton is the perfect fabric for hot weather conditions, as it is lightweight and breathable.
2. Chiffon is another excellent option for summer, as it is lightweight and flows beautifully in the wind.
3. Georgette is perfect for events that require a more formal look, as it has a silky sheen that sets it apart from other fabrics.
4. Crepe is ideal for those who want a lehenga dress that is both comfortable and stylish.
5. Net is perfect for brides who want to make a dramatic entrance with bridal Lehenga.
Tips for Wearing a Lehenga Choli with Other Dresses
Are you ready to switch up your look and add Indian style to your wardrobe? If so, you’re in for a treat! There are many stylish ways to pair the traditional lehenga choli with other dresses.
- Wearing a lehenga choli with a shrug is one of the chicest ways to wear this three-piece ensemble. Offset the look with a sleek blazer or long-line coat for an effortlessly cool look.
- Style your lehenga dress with a fitted top or traditional blouse to create an ultra-feminine silhouette.
- Pair your lehenga with jeans or trousers for a modern take on this classic ensemble.
- Use the choli as a crop top over high-waisted jeans or palazzos. The possibilities are endless!
Knowing What Accessories and Footwear to Pair With a Lehenga Choli
You’ve bought your perfect lehenga choli, but you’re wondering what jewellery and accessories to wear to complete the look. Good news: there’s a wide range of options to choose from that will perfectly complement your lehenga.
Let’s start with necklaces. An elegant necklace will add a touch of glamour to your attire. Whether you prefer pearls, diamonds or any other type of stone, Mirraw has a wide selection of neckpieces that will go great with your lehengas. When it comes to hand jewellery, the options are just as varied. Of course, bangles are always a great choice – and if you’re feeling adventurous, you could even mix and match different types for that wow factor!
Mirraw also has a gorgeous range of traditional Kamar Bandh chains and paasas for those who don’t want too much bling but still want to make an impression. Then there’s no one-size-fits-all here! You can pick something subtle yet adds classiness, like a small beaded purse or crossbody bag or go for something more eye-catching, like an embellished box clutch. Finally, regarding footwear, strappy sandals or embellished Mojari would look great with your outfit and keep you comfortable throughout the day.
If you want to buy a lehenga choli, Mirraw is the perfect online store. We sell a wide range of lehenga cholis for girls and women of all ages and offer a great selection of colours and designs.