The idea of eco friendly clothing materials has gained popularity among the general public and in the fashion business. This article would be a helpful resource if you are prepared to use eco-friendly clothing materials in your designs. We give you the knowledge and understanding you need about eco friendly clothing materials used in sustainable fashion.
1. Organic linen
Linen is derived from the flax plant. While most plants struggle to expand in poor soil, flax may be grown without the use of pesticides or other chemicals. This eco-friendly material features a lightweight feel and remarkable durability.
READ MORE: Pros & cons of OEM clothing manufacturer VietNam
In addition to being eco-friendly, linen is widely sought after for its lightweight design and ability to withstand high temperatures. Its effective moisture absorption prevents bacterial development, making it become one of the most perfect eco friendly clothing materials.
However, the manufacture of linen necessitates a sizable amount of water, and it is also prone to wrinkle. Furthermore, due to its specialized manufacturing processes and adherence to strict organic standards, organic linen, which is frequently imported, can be very expensive.
2. Organic hemp fabric
Hemp fabric, which is a flexible material with a lengthy history, is used in a variety of sectors, including the food, building, cosmetics, and textile industries. It has been grown and used all throughout the world for countless years. Hemp is notable for its capacity to grow with little water, without the use of pesticides, and while enhancing the soil in which it is grown. All these special features make it a superior option for the environment.
Hemp has outstanding heat regulation, keeping you comfortable in both the winter and the summer. Hemp fabric’s resilience makes it appropriate for a range of uses and provides a non-irritating feel for the skin. However, because of the specialized cultivation and production methods, it is frequently more expensive, which may limit its accessibility to a wide range of customers.
3. Recycled polyester materials
Recycled polyester fabrics (rPET) have become a preferred choice in the fashion industry for eco-friendly clothing options. These eco-friendly materials are being used in the production processes of a growing number of sustainable fashion companies. Due to their cheap and long-lasting qualities, polyester sustainability yarns in particular have become the perfect choice for mid-range businesses.
Recycled polyester (rPET) has gained significant popularity, especially in activewear, swimwear, and outerwear. It offers a safer alternative to its virgin counterpart, with minimal maintenance requirements and lower carbon emissions during manufacture. By utilizing rPET, the fashion industry reduces its reliance on oil, reuses waste, and cuts out the want for the virgin polyester industry.
4. Tencel Lyocell
Tencel lyocell fabric, a durable and environmentally friendly material,is becoming more and more well-liked in the fashion world. It is a cellulose-based, semi-synthetic fabric made from the wood pulp of eucalyptus trees. Its manufacturing procedure uses less water and pesticides, which drastically reduces the amount of toxins released into the environment.
Additionally, the chemicals used to make Tencel yarn are tightly controlled in a closed system. By ensuring solvent recycling, dangerous waste that may harm both humans and the environment will be minimized. Additionally, these eco friendly clothing materials have superb moisture wicking and antibacterial qualities, which makes it a refreshing option for producers, particularly those that produce athletic clothing.
5. The best place to buy environmentally friendly clothing materials
- CO Expo stands out as a leading event for sourcing sustainable materials, components, and other fashion apparel. It is hosted online and collaborates with designers and producers of sustainable products. Through partnerships with sustainable manufacturers and designers, CO Expo offers a fruitful opportunity to explore sustainable options.
- The Textile Forum would be a great place to locate eco friendly clothing materials if you want a more casual setting. Participants in this event come from a variety of backgrounds, including designers, start-ups, merchants of apparel, tailors, seamstresses, and customers.
- Premiere Vision is recognized as one of the most well-known supplier trade shows, and it takes place in various cities across the world. This significant occasion brings together vendors, moral designers, and instructive seminars. Attendees may explore a variety of eco friendly clothing materials and keep up with the most recent changes in the fashion business.
The aforementioned article lists the top 4 suggestions for eco friendly clothing materials that are often used in the sustainable fashion sector.